I didn’t realise that I had to make my video interactive at first as I didn’t see anything on the brief that say we had to do this.
I didn’t have any idea how I would do this but our tutor suggested to have us get a DVD and DVD cover, then burn our video that has been uploaded to YouTube onto the disc as well as making a cover and a disc menu which I have no idea how to do. This would make my video interact with my audience as they are actually getting the DVD, putting it into a laptop then pressing play either with headphones or without.
Jess, a fellow suggested that I should try the website ‘canva’ which is an online software where you can create anything from posters to DVD covers.
I watched a tutorial on how to use this software as I have never heard it before and I didn’t know what to press anything that I didn’t know it was for. After the video I now understood it a lot better and wanted to start edited straight away. I used one of the pre made ones as I liked one already and was what I had in mind, bearing in mind it was FREE and all the others you had to pay.
The first thing that I did was to upload a picture from my video that I thought was appealing to my audience (teenagers) which would make them interested and want to watch the video so I had to choose from two photographs that I narrowed it down to, which was these
In the end I decided to chose the first photograph because when I put it into the canva software it looked so much better with the effect and pre made one.
So I clicked on the button to make a new design.
I chose the album cover as I knew that it would be the right size and I wouldn’t have to panicking by cutting it down when it comes to it me putting it in the case.
I then chose the effect (pre-made) one just because I thought it was really cool looking and stood out to me when looking from all the other designs. It was also free which makes it a whole load better.
I then uploaded the video of one of my models to the page and it turned out like this, which I really liked apart from the text which I hadn’t edited yet. I really liked the middle bit with the square and wiggly line just because I think this makes my CD cover look really professional as well as appealing to my audience as it a little bit different to other CDs.
I changed the font and added my name and the date just to add something to the bottom which I thought looked better then just it being bare.
I also thought it would be a really good idea for me, just to add my twitter and my Instagram just to get a little bit of self promo as well as it will look interesting to younger views as it has social media signs on it.
So I added my twitter and Instagram on to the front in the top corner because it also looked really bare like the bottom thats why I did my name and date at the bottom.
I really like how it turned out, and I’m really proud as its the first CD cover I have ever done.